Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Zoning out

These days I feel like staring at a blank wall in total silence. There's been a little too much over-stimuli invading my senses these days: Christmas in New York is a wonderland of crowds, lights, crowds staring at lights, cloying music, cloying crowds chatting loudly over music...I could go on, but y'all get the drift. Hah - at least we don't have snow drifts...yet.

Right now I am relishing in the relative silence of my home at 7.05am. All I hear is the ticky-typing of keys and the howling wind outside. I am also perusing photos of last night's lunar eclipse. Part of me is kicking myself for not clambering outside to view it myself, but the other half of me - you know, the one that has to go to work today - is happy I stayed nestled in bed.

It's laundry day again (didn't I just do that?) and I am happy to report that I have not seen another soul wandering the building. It might be a good day, after all. God bless us, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment