Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dress Dilemma

Can someone please tell me why brides must order their dresses so far in advance of the wedding? It seems absurd, but then I realize that for those women for whom "being the bride" has meant everything, they probably know exactly the style they want and have been appropriately dieting in preparation. I, on the other hand, a great lover of beer, am about 15 pounds away from zipping up anything suitable.

So, to begin my search, I have turned to the Internet. And subsequently, as I simply cannot bring myself to create an account on The Knot for myself, I snaked my soon-to-be sister-in-law's (henceforth to be known as "Boots") user name and password. There I found a charming little 1950s number by designer Justin Alexander (which I sadly cannot post for you as my fiance occasionally reads this blog) and was smitten. Until I realized: RK Bridal, for me, is akin to the third ring of hell and I would much rather purchase something from a local small business than feed the machine that is the bridal industry. I do have a hardcore crush on this dress, though. Is it cute enough for me to compromise my principles? Can't readily say...

So, turning to less obvious sources, I turned to trusty Google and found Kimera Design.

Located on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, this lovely store is high on my list to visit (yes, with Boots and another member of the Official Wedding Oversight Committee)...and after I lose a solid 10 pounds.

That said, I'm off to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment