Saturday, February 6, 2010

Grannie Shoes


Yesterday I actually took a lunch break. I left the building and bought a pair of very comfortable shoes.

Upon returning to the office, I showed them to a male colleague who said, "I know they're comfortable, but didn't they have a cuter pair?" Ouch.

This comment immediately reminded me of another colleague, who, upon learning that I had an internal job interview, blurted out, "Well, you can't wear that!"

Needless to say, I believe in comfort over style, which is precisely why my fabulous work crew has created "The Wedding Oversight Committee." I apparently cannot be trusted to purchase a wedding dress; therefore, I must present all considerations to members of the committee. Sad, but true.

I will rely on the expertise of the fashion-able; however, I retain the right to wear sensible footwear. Hmmm...maybe my new pair will suffice?

No comments:

Post a Comment