Thursday, September 23, 2010

I want to be a boy...and eat at Floresta every day

Last night we ventured into Men's Wearhouse to pick out tuxes. Originally, I figured the gents would just wear suits, but it was decided that tux rentals would be cheaper and easier. And we all know I'm all for cheap and easy.

Anyway, we get over there and the street is barricaded - President Obama was in town, so all of Manhattan was at a stand-still. You know: if they are going to close the streets every time the man hits the island, the least they can do is drive him around waving for photo-ops. I mean, how rude.

I digress: we finally get into Men's Wearhouse where it takes a whopping 20 minutes to pick out the style, color, shoes, and accessories for 4 grown men. Simply brilliant. I know what you are thinking: I can't complain, seeing as all I did was perform an online search, have my measurements taken, and sit back for a custom dress to arrive at my doorstep, but, man, Men's Wearhouse makes me want to be a boy.

By the way, for those of you coming to Sunnyside for the Big Event: we went to a new restaurant (post-Wearhouse) called Floresta and it was phenomenal. Because they just opened they do not yet have their liquor license, but the food was so good that we didn't miss the beer and wine. The house salad was towering and delectable, and the Churrasco steak I ordered rivaled Delaware in size. We are sharing the leftovers tonight for dinner (yes, sharing the LEFTOVERS - that's how big this thing is). Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment