Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's a mystery to me

In this post I ask a simple question: How hard is it to place a check mark next to a box and throw a pre-stamped RSVP postcard into a mailbox?

Well, if you ask the 26 people who have yet to RSVP to our wedding, I'm sure they would say it's exceptionally hard.

And the thing that really kills me is that we sent a Save the Date in April...let's not act like the wedding is a surprise, folks, you've had 5 months to figure out babysitter plans, transportation plans, kennel plans, etc. But, no, you'd rather wait until AFTER the response deadline to contact the bride directly with your numerous problems, which have precluded your prompt response. I expected this to happen, but it baffles me nonetheless.

PS - should you ever find yourself beginning a conversation with:
  • "I know this this isn't your problem, but...";
  • "I hate to bother you because I know you are really stressed and busy..."; or
  • "I know you have a lot going on right now, but..."

...stop speaking. No, really, shut the hell up.

No comments:

Post a Comment