Thursday, October 21, 2010

Not sleeping...no gym...PPT abounds

I have to confess that sometimes the early morning is wonderful. In New York City one doesn't get a great deal of A) quiet and B) time to be entirely alone. This morning I have both and I am grateful.

We are 2 days to the wedding and yesterday I thought my head was going to explode. The Zoo can't seem to get its act together...we have yet to pay them because until last night at roughly 7.46pm we didn't have a corrected proposal. Yup, 2 families descending on me whom I have promised food and booze and I have not yet paid for food and booze. For those of you that know me, I am extremely organized and firmly believe in preparedness, so this turn of events has my lower intestine crying and my right eye relentlessly twitching. Oh, and they failed to mention over the past 10 months that we are required to provide a certificate of insurance for the event to the tune of $1,000,000 policy and $2,000,000 aggregate. We learned that yesterday at 2.53pm...3 days before the wedding.

Then on the work front, a project I have been trying to complete since June may once again be pushed off owing to petty decisions. And I stunned myself when I pulled some Quantitative Research Analysis lingo out of my butt during a meeting. My skin crawled (see posts from May for a gentle reminder has to how much I loathed that course).

Anyway, I am up now working on a PPT slide for use at the rehearsal. One can always use visual supplements. Have I mentioned I am extremely organized and firmly believe in preparedness?

Yes, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment